About SAM S.A. and the motorway A4 Katowice - Kraków
Basic information about the concessionaire - Stalexport Autostrada Małopolska S.A.
The company was registered in 1998 as a special purpose entity, established by the concessionaire of the motorway – Stalexport S.A. holding 100% of the company’s share capital. The established company’s purpose was execution of the tasks (on behalf of the concessionaire) under the Concession Agreement regarding development by adjustment of the A4 motorway within the section from Katowice (Murckowska Junction) – Kraków (Balice Junction) to the requirements of the toll motorway and exploitation of the motorway within the section in question, granted to Stalexport S.A. in 1997.
The object of activity of SAM S.A. is execution of the rights and obligations imposed on the concession upon the Concession Agreement. Therefore, the Company is responsible for:
- execution of the investment within the concession section of the A4,
- motorway exploitation,
- acquisition of long-term financing of the subsequent stages of the executed investments upon project self-financing,
- use and taking profits from the real property of the Motorway Right-Of-Way.
The project executed by SAM S.A., as opposed to the other motorway concessions, does not encumber the State Treasury with pledges or any other liabilities.
About the A4 Katowice-Kraków section
Length of the section subject to concession: 61 km, from Murckowska Junction in Katowice to Balice Junction.
Tolls – collected at two Toll Plazas: in Mysłowice and Balice
- PLN 6 - vehicles category 1: motorbikes (PLN 10 for travel on the whole toll section)
- PLN 12 - vehicles category 1: passenger cars (PLN 24 for travel on the whole toll section)
- PLN 20 - vehicles categories 2 and 3 (PLN 40 for travel on the whole toll section)
- PLN 35 - vehicles categories 4 and 5 (PLN 70 for travel on the whole toll section).
Preferential toll rates for users o electronic toll collection A4Go and videotolling
- PLN 8 - vehicles category 1: passenger cars (PLN 24 for travel on the whole toll section)
- PLN 17 - vehicles categories 2 and 3 (PLN 34 for travel on the whole toll section)
- PLN 30 - vehicles categories 4 and 5 (PLN 60 for travel on the whole toll section).
Average traffic level
- year 2020 - 36.5 thousand vehicles per day
- year 2019 - 45.6 thousand
- year 2018 - 45.3 thousand
- year 2017 - 43 thousand
- year 2016 - 40.7 thousand